In September I did 2 new things (kundalini yoga, and thinking positive), which I suppose makes up for June when I did nothing new.
There are 2 reasons why I tried to think positive for a month:
1. I’d been feeling down and wanted to change that
2. I’d been having a hard time implmenting a technique that I’d learned for dealing with the self-critical voice in my head.
A few months ago, I learned a technique called “thought stopping” for dealing with the self-critical voice in my head (which I’ll refer to as “the critic”). Thought stopping has a few steps:
- Recognizing when the critic is “attacking” me
- Consciously stopping the attack
- Replace the critic’s message with a more constructive message that I’d come up with ahead of time
- Returning to a state of relaxation
There’s more [Read more...]