I’m making a change: I’m going to start posting even less on this blog than I already do. Here’s why:
- I don’t like the narcissistic “Hey look at me!” aspect of this blog
- This blog is usually not up to date, which results in a nagging guilt in the back of my mind. It’ll be nice to let that go.
- I don’t think anyone I know reads this blog regularly, and I don’t see much point in communicating the details of my life to faceless ghosts on the internet. Does the internet actually care to hear all about my experience learning to swing dance last month? I don’t think so.
- Most of my time at work and too much of my free time is spent staring at a computer screen. I’d like to reduce my screen time.
I will continue to write occasional blog posts, but with these conditions:
- I’ll only write a a few bullet points about most of my monthly projects. And I’ll write about multiple months in a single blog post. I think I’ll aim for doing an update roughly every 6 months, containing short bullet points for each monthly project.
- I’ll write longer blog posts only if I think they’ll benefit readers, or if I think writing will help me to clarify my own thoughts (it has in the past) , or if I feel a strong urge to write about some topic.
Since I’m writing a blog post right now, I might as well do an update on my latest projects. Here goes: [Read more...]